RE: Alternative to TCE for spot removal?

Dry cleaners normally use a variety of "spotting" agents to remove various
types of stains.  These products contain acids, alcohol, hydrocarbons,
butoxyethanol, and other ingredients which may be toxic, but are less
notorious than TCE.  Spotting is usually done on a board that vacuums the
liquid through the cloth and into a container.  Perhaps the garment plant
could employ this method also.

"As a man begins to live more seriously within, he begins to live more
simply without."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Judy Kennedy
Washington State Dept. of Ecology (http://www.wa.gov/ecology)