GLIN==> Binational Collaboration for the Collaboration of Great Lakes Islands-- Request for Input

The Binational Collaborative for the Conservation of Great Lakes Islands is
putting together a website that will include, among many other things, a
summary of current Great Lakes islands projects.  I am gathering
information from newspapers, list serves, grant applications, etc. and
would like to encompass as many different projects as possible.     These
could include island habitat restoration, development, purchases, summary
of significant habitats, research projects, etc.  I am requesting input
from those of you who may know of island initiatives that you'd like to
include on the website.  Please feel free to pass this request on to others
who may also have input.  This is an ongoing process, so there is no
deadline, and you may submit to me multiple project descriptions at any
time.

Please include in your submission the following information:
Island Name, Great Lake (including St. Clair, Detroit River, St. Lawrence
River) that Island occurs in, Source of the information (cite newspaper,
website, personal communication, etc.), date of event/initiative, and a
brief (1 paragraph or so) summary of the information.

Our goal is to help the public understand the ecological significance of
the Great Lakes Islands.  Thanks in advance for your input and I look
forward to hearing from you!

Megan Seymour
Wildlife Biologist
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service